Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow, finally

I'm one of those few people who actually like winter. I like the calm. I love the winter sunrises and sunsets on my way to and from work. I love snow- love how it puts a sheen and glimmer over everything. I hate when people complain about winter, I hate complainers in general. I try to change things I don't like, not dwell on the fact that poor little me is unhappy. I'm actually also in love with Maine; have my pink house all picked out near the ocean in York. One day, one winter I'm going to spend it in Maine, all holed up, all comfy with my flannel pajamas, slippers, wood fire, bread baking, and a gazillion books, and movies.

Isn't winter beautiful? If you're looking for a romantic vineyard- this is it. It isn't in the fall when we harvest- there's too many bees, and so much work. It's here, in these pictures, in the snow. The vines patiently wait to be pruned, resting their poor little tendrils and shoulders, slump over and put their weight on the wire for a month or two before we ask them to bear fruit again. They deserve this break.


I'm pretty sure this is our Norton bunch.
tendril
old Concord vines

No comments: