Friday, August 15, 2008

Absent

Since my office is way out in the boonies I have satellite internet. It's supposed to be faster than dial up, and it is, but not by much. 19 days ago some part of the thing that helps me use the internet (can you tell I'm technically challenged) got struck by lightening and my internet service provider has yet to come out to the boonies and fix it. I say 19 days because that is what I told them the 5 times that I called them today, and once yesterday and the day before, and the repair man on Tuesday. Good times. Anyway (Artie Lange would say "wahhh!") here is my picture of the week, 3 weeks late, and two weeks skipped. All apologies.

The grapes are getting ripe, you can see, but we are a little late this year. Looks like Concord is a least a week away, and Vignoles more like two weeks away.

I'll keep you posted, and if you have any pull with the powers that be, ask them to kindly repair my internet.

1 comment:

Claire Uncorked said...

I'm glad to see you back! One of the reasons that keeps us living so close to St. Louis is very easy access to DSL & other internet services. Your ordeal has to be frustrating!!