Wednesday, February 21, 2007

In the News!

Here is a link to a nice article in the Wines and Vines magazine about Ste. Genevieve being the new wine region in Missouri.

My favorite quote from the article states, "The biggest draw is Ste. Genevieve, a town founded by French settlers in 1699. The historic town contains homes and other buildings dating to the French colonial period as well as Spanish and early American times after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803. With numerous inns, restaurants, historical sites and the inevitable antique stores, Ste. Genevieve is a popular weekend getaway, and its wineries take advantage of that mood." Ste. Genevieve is (in my humble opinion) one of the cutest towns around, and it's nice to hear someone else recognize that too. A have a feeling a few people visit the wineries in the countryside and miss the beautiful, historic, one of a kind town, and I think that is a shame.

I have heard my "mug" accompanies the article in the magazine, but since I only have this link, I haven't seen the picture.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Ste. Genevieve is a special place all to its own. The different styles of Chardonel alone can satisfy any wine aficionado. There is a kind of rustic delicateness here that is sure to attract attention on a wider scale.