Thursday, September 06, 2007

And A Partridge In A Pear Tree


We have two doves on the property, they have been here at least a month if not most of the summer. They are light grey, with dark grey or black on the tips of their wings and a ring around their neck. I have never seen this type of dove before, and I have no idea why they chose to come here, but they are peaceful, and beautiful, and are always seen together. Some people believe that when you have a rare animal cross your path, that symbolizes something in your life. Wonder what these doves are trying to tell me, if anything? If anyone has any knowledge about what type of doves these are, and/or if they are native to Missouri, I would love you to leave a comment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they are Mourning Doves. We used to have a pair that roosted in our pine tree in the front yard. They are a peaceful sort of bird, and they coo. I think they usually come in pairs. I loved that they were there. How nice for you! Lorna